Our client, world’s largest liquefied natural gas company, is urgently looking for a “Offshore Welding / Material Engineering Specialist (Pipeline)” willing to work under the following conditions:
Terms & Condition:
Work Location: Houston, United States
Contract Duration: Jan 2019 – June 2023
Work Schedule: 5 days/Week, 8 hours/day
Mob and Demob Ticket: Provided
Living Allowance : Allowance Provided
Transportation: To be managed by candidate
• Bachelor of Science in Materials/Welding Engineering
Knowledge and/or Experience
• 15+ years of experience in discipline
• Experience with EPC contractors, sub-contractors and vendors involved in the oil and gas industry
Technical and Business Skills
• A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English
• Computer literacy involving the regular use of professional office applications and some technical applications
Provide materials and welding technical expertise and guidance for all aspects of Pipeline design, procurement, fabrication, installation and testing to ensure that quality facilities are delivered.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
• Maintain design integrity and quality requirements by monitoring specification compliance and reviewing welding and testing specifications and testing (WPS/WPQR).
• Provide engineering surveillance on EPCI materials selection and welding work processes and deliverables including audit of vendor/sub vendor sources and root cause failure analysis.
• Consistently complete EPCI deliverable reviews within contractual time limit. (data sheets, requisition packages, technical bid evaluations).
• Identify and resolve Materials/Welding design and construction problems expeditiously.
• Successfully execute information management requirements throughout project life.
• Apply and capture lessons learned related to materials and welding activities.
• Oversees the Contractor’s development of the required welding / material deliverables within the project budget and schedule.
• Facilitates interfaces among the Contractor’s organization with respect to welding/material issues for the areas of his responsibility.
• Provides general technical leadership, advice, and guidance as to company practices and expectations. Supervise his direct reports within the Structural team.
• Reviews the project job specifications prepared by the Contractor(s) and ensure they are in accordance with Company’s Engineering Guides and Design Practices.
• Submits recommendations based on company’s operating and maintenance philosophies to project management.
• Participates in inspections at Pipe mills and coating yards, and witnesses acceptances tests
Industry Type :
Oil & Gas / Petroleum
Functional Area :