At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here.
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people’s lives
About The Role
The PR associate will plan, produce, and analyze content for media. This person may also be asked to create all the content, format our content, and line edit. The incumbent will also be responsible for research and fact gathering from within and outside Careem for articles. Key responsibilities include:
– Coordinating with media as and when required
– Ensuring all of our written content is created, overlooked and consistent with the defined narrative
– Building the editorial calendar with regular articles and blog posts
– Determining sources for content creation, both internally and externally
– Serving as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You write clean, concise, well-polished copy
– Editing content produced by your teammates, including conceptualization of projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing
– Staying up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective communication line.
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to representing the best image of Careem to the external publics through excellent content and media engagement
– Bachelors in social sciences, communication, or related fields from a top institution, or equivalent combination of experience, education and training
– Knowledge of public and media relations, marketing, and strategic communications
– Strong communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
– Ability to get hands-on in a complex operational environment and manage multiple tasks working with tight deadlines
– An adept communicator with the ability to liaise with people on all levels
– Ability to develop and articulate highly successful and innovative marketing solutions and communicate a compelling vision in both Urdu and English language
– Good technical proficiency, literacy skills and a competent computer user
– Excellent research and reporting skills
We are a brand that aims to simplify people’s lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region’s leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.