Regulatory Manager Gulf & KSA
Business Context and Main Purpose of the Job
Unilever’s mission through a proactive approach that
– Assures regulatory compliance protecting the Brands and our Consumers.
– Gives input to innovation projects regarding the national regulatory specific situation in GCC/KSA and supports country specific claims development and substantiation,
– Implements regulation changes impacting Unilever’s businesses and brands,
– Supports issues management and influencing activities such that the business has the freedom to operate.
– Actively advocates Unilever positions and concerns towards the local governmental bodies by direct representation or by adequate representation through the appropriate national sector associations on developing legislations and emerging issues such that the business has the desired freedom to operate.
– Acts as 1 st point of regulatory contact for the HPC and F&R R&D teams for the local MCOs and Brand Business partners within GCC/KSA.
– Provides the regulatory support for GCC/KSA countries and ensures on-going regulatory compliance affecting products and provides regulatory risk analysis for compliance issues in partnership with R&D/TM, SC/QA, Legal and other related depts.
– Coordinates and assures that the appropriate regulatory documentation (dossier) to substantiate claims and product safety is available to ensure regulatory compliance at country level.
– Carry out periodic RA Compliance Audits on a number of marketed products, participating to a concerted Central Audit scheme.
– Innovation and Non Innovation Led Growth (NILG) :
– As a member of the MCO support team on Claims, consisting of Legal, RA, Nutrition, R&D, Regulatory Affairs provides RA input / guidance / positions as to arrive to ONE agreed creative advice on possible claims towards Brand Building and Communications.
– Regulatory Affairs provides early and pro-active country regulatory input into the co-generation claims process through networks or through the formal Projects RA Assessment Forms
– Handles technical issues related to regulatory inquiries. Ensures that MCO regulatory requirements are considered when developing global Unilever products by feeding the requirements to the Regional RA.
– Provides regulatory and technical input for handling of consumer complaints issues.
Interpretation of Regulation
– Works closely with Country Legal and Regional RA to provide an understanding of impact of existing and anticipated regulations and emerging issues to drive innovation.
– Provides the business partners with understanding of the impact of existing and anticipated legislation, and by raising the knowledge level on regulatory matters in the R&D community through tailored training to achieve functional excellence.
– Works collaboratively with RDC/TM colleagues and Go to Market business partners to implement new and changes to existing regulations to assure on-going compliance.
– Provides regulatory oversight to Country practices in alignment with local regulations and Brand Strategy.
Representation and Advocacy
– Execute EA/RA briefs to advocate Unilever Positions towards the local governmental bodies, industry associations and/or other organisations by direct representation, when specific Business interests are to be promoted or defended
– Continuous promotion of Unilever Positions and represents Unilever’s interests by adequate representation (directly with authorities and through sector associations) on developing/negotiating legislation and emerging issues such that the business has the desired freedom to operate.
– Works closely with Regional RA to provide input and feedback to the Regional Issues Management Team to incorporate the MCO requirements into the development of strategic regulatory influencing activities, and implements as per agreed plans.
– Represents regulatory on Local Issues Management teams on relevant sub teams.
– Prioritization between the 3 main RA missions: Compliance, Innovation support, Advocacy.
– Prioritization across the project portfolio to achieve agreed project timelines.
– Developing and maintaining good relationships with the Regional and Category RA networks, Category R&D Deploy Managers, Nutrition, Brand Building, SC and other functions to ensure the “seamless” building of regulatory compliance in our project and product portfolio.
– Ensuring the quality of regulatory documentation in an environment of continuous change and several countries in GCC/KSA.
– Working closely with Regional RA to ensure that Regulatory Strategies do find their way to country level .
– Building an environment and culture which support the Unilever mission and enables people development.
– Continually building understanding of and insights into regulatory compliance at local level.
– Developing and maintaining “leading edge” expertise in regulatory compliance at local level
Unilever is one of the leading FMCG company with 400 brands spanning 14 categories of home, personal care and foods products, no other company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.
Our brand portfolio has made us leaders in every field in which we work. It ranges from much-loved world favourites including Lipton, Knorr, Dove and Omo, to trusted local brands such as Blue Band and Suave.
From comforting soups to warm a winter’s day, to sensuous soaps that make you feel fabulous, our products help people get more out of life.
We’re constantly enhancing our brands to deliver more intense, rewarding product experiences. We invest €1 billion every year in cutting edge research and development, and have five laboratories around the world that explore new thinking and techniques to help develop our products.