The Role of the Student Support Advisor
• To guide the Student Support Unit to support, hold accountable and develop a team of tutors focusing on high standards of social, personal and academic development of students.
• To support the Student Support Unit to implement a new tutor program.
The post holder will be responsible for:
• Developing, coordinating, and implementing strategies with the cluster of schools to improve student attendance and attainment, making sure that the school meets all its attendance and punctuality targets and requirements
• Ensure the student support unit in each school is providing effective welfare support and guidance to learners, monitoring students at risk of disengaging in learning and ensuring that effective intervention strategies are in place to keep students on track.
• Coordinate strategies to build positive relationships with ‘hard to engage’ parents across the cluster of schools
• Assist with activities to assess and support student engagement
• Ensure a timely and effective ‘at risk’ referral system is in place for your cluster, in line with the Ministry policy.a
• Provide advice and guidance to the student support unit on welfare issues, the disciplinary policy and the ‘at risk of disengaging’ procedure
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
• Good Administrative skills
• ICT capability
• Excellent communicator
• Experience of developing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating program
• Experience of supervising staff and creating learning and development plans
• Proven track record of success as an outstanding teacher/trainer
• Experience of monitoring performance and intervention strategies to raise performance
• Minimum of 1-year experience in a welfare role or similar
• Experience of case work and appropriate record keeping
• Experience in an educational setting
• Experience of working in the GCC
• Teaching or training experience
• Education Requirements
• UAE transferable driving license
• Bachelor’s degree in Guidance Counseling, Learning Support or similar health profession
• Previous experience as a Form Tutor is desirable
• Excellent oral and written English essential.
• 16,000 – 21,000 AED per Month
• Health Insurance
• Mobilization Costs
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results