Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Assistant Professor/Program Leader – Emergency Medical Care (EMC) Program”. The position reports to the Head of Health & Medical Sciences (HMS), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Assistant Professor/Program Leader – Emergency Medical Care Program will be responsible for teaching EMC program courses effectively and HMS courses assigned by the Head of HMS Department, enhancing the EMC program performance, providing academic advising and counseling to students, participating in departmental committee work, enhancing the learning environment through assessments, instructions, applied research, scholarly activities and services that are consistent to the mission of the College.
- Provide the general leadership for the program, which results in a productive and positive work climate, enhanced intellectual vitality, and collegial relations among, faculty and staff, faculty and students.
- Develop and implement program strategic goals, objectives, and plans that are linked to college and college strategic plan.
- Deliver training in the CME unit related to EMC, and maintain quality assurance of the content delivery.
- Maintain professional external relations with the industries and lead the promotion of the program.
- Effectively participate in the Accreditation process of the program.
- Develop plans for the subjects that will be taught and select appropriate books.
- Teach the courses, organize exams, enter and review student grades.
- Improve teaching and exam methods and promote new ways of teaching.
- Supervise thesis, student research, scientific reports and social activities.
- Provide academic guidance to students and serve as an academic advisor for them.
- Conduct and publish innovative research and studies.
- Help in developing knowledge and participate in research activities.
- Participate in councils and committees; local, regional and international conferences; and any activities that promote and improve the College.
- Adhere to the research and academic duties, and work on implementing bylaws and regulations of the College.
- Devote time to performing scientific duties in the College, strive to promote the College mission and maintain a decent status in the fields of research, teaching and management.
- Engage with the community as per the College rules and regulations.
- Cooperate fully with the Head of the Department and the Dean in providing advice and proposals in all matters that will serve the best interests of the College, the students and the community.
- Provide students with academic advising during the registration period, constantly monitor their study plans and adhere to office hours.
- Maintain an up to date and accurate course portfolio.
- Participate in staff development / programs and workshops.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
● Pedagogical expertise (theory of practice for teaching and assessment)
● Proficiency with internet-based technologies and teaching tools (e.g. Blackboard and other virtual platforms and software) is a must
● Ability to design and deliver effective e-learning courses
● Ability to engage constructively with diverse students and colleagues
● Excellent communication skills
● High level interpersonal skills
● Ability to manage complex, competing demands
● Flexibility and adaptability
● Ability to learn, change, and develop new skills and seek advice from a variety of sources
● Able to exercise judgment and take risks
● Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
● Ability to incorporate instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Ph.D. in Emergency Medical care / Emergency Medical Services.
- HAAD or DHA registration – Registration in Home Country Professional Registering Body is a must (for Applicants residing out of UAE).
- Minimum of 3 years full-time teaching experience in a reputable university
- Clinical / field experience in a relevant educational setting (or equivalent combination of teaching in other settings may be considered).
- Adequate knowledge of Professional Standards and Certification bodies within the field.
- Professional certificates in the Emergency Medical Care/ Emergency Medical Services are required.
- Experience in clinical simulation labs is an advantage.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 3
Ph.D. in Emergency Medical care / Emergency Medical Services