1- Inspections, Audits and accident investigations
- Performs site inspections as per schedule and report hazards, environment impacts and unsafe practice in order to prevent incidents and injuries. Provide recommendations and mitigation measures where applicable.
- Report all findings to QHSE Manager, MR and relevant process owner.
- Conduct/ Participate in QHSE audit as per the annual audit plan or any specific requirement.
- Prepare and issue audit summary reports, preventive/corrective action reports upon completion of audits/inspections;
- Participates in the investigation of accidents and incidents by following the company Accidents/Incidents Investigation and Reporting procedure.
- Completes the accidents investigation reports, detailing the accident description, its causes and impact, recommendations and accident prevention methods.
- Prepares safety alerts after an incident or accident to keep employees aware of the need to follow specific safety measures or procedures.
2- Training & Awareness
- Ensures that QHSE awareness memos, posters and other printed materials are hanged in the right places.
- Conducts safety awareness meetings with employees, and prepares the needed materials, such as presentations, posters, and flyers.
- Prepares “Toolbox Talk”, as needed or requested by the Health and Safety Manager.
- Deliver and/or ensure delivery of safety toolbox talks to the concerned employees.
- Provides QHSE training/Refresher/Induction/Orientation to staff as per agreed schedule
- Promotes employee buy-in, participation & contribution to improving the Quality Management System To facilitate an effective management review process
3- Document Control
- Ensures that control of documents and records are as per averda’s QHSE IMS procedures
- Ensures that document submittal timelines are met and document reviews and approvals are carried out as per pre-determined procedures
- Supply QHSE related documents during tendering and client proposal
4- Complies with the Health & Safety instructions:
- Responsible in exercising due diligence towards health & safety of self & others in the organization
- Responsible to comply with the applicable HSE procedures, instructions, requirements, standards received from regulatory and statutory bodies
- Job Location
- Salalah, Oman
- Company Industry
- Waste Disposal & Recycling
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Construction and Building
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- $1,500 – $2,000
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Years of Experience
- Min: 0 Max: 5
- Residence Location
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
- Min: 23 Max: 36
health and safety , environmental engineer