Stantec is seeking an Infiltration Reduction Network Engineer who has had general experience in the O&M of sewage infrastructure and specific experience in developing and implementing infiltration reduction plans for sewage networks. The candidate would work on supporting our client, Ashghal in implementing and delivering robust action plans for some of their key operational challenges. The role is important to Ashghal and involves close work with many stakeholders across multiple departments within DNO&M and its supply chain. The mid-career resource will need broad expertise in engineering / drainage networks including infiltration / inflow reductions from strategy through to successful implementation, and the management of maintenance contracts.
• Review of existing practices within the business to manage sewage quality issues
• Mapping of data required to actively monitor deterioration in sewage quality
• Identifying the relevant stakeholders to ensure the stream of data is obtained
• Working with Centralised Control Section to develop a tool for monitoring sewage quality for pro-active maintenance
• Development and roll out of solution to manage infiltration
• Training and coaching members of the team on usage of data and tools to make informed decisions
• Documenting the approach and manuals for future reference and adoption
• Develop and roll out an action plan to deal with key operational challenges
• Establish monitoring mechanism for monthly reporting on performance with reference to action plans and business targets
• Collaborate with all relevant stakeholders as required for successful delivery of operational improvements
• Facilitate team meetings, maintain action logs and report progress
• Develop material for executive and ad-hoc reporting as required
• Ensure adherence to Health and Safety Procedures and all company policies, procedures and regulations
• Project Management – Direct assignment to manage some maintenance contracts.
• Engineering – The identification of follow-up opportunities for infiltration / inflow reduction work needs an engineering expertise of around 10-12 years – with the ability to play a key technical role guiding the repair / rehabilitation of networks and performing data analysis of diverse datasets.
• Management Consulting – the Takamul Partners and PWA Engineers need to take up roles to improve and sustain long term performance – this coordination is through working group meetings and 1-1 on-the-job training.
• Degree or higher level qualification in engineering(e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc Civil)
• Preferred Chartered Status
• Minimum of 10 years’ relevant and practical experience within major water / wastewater utility organization(s)
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant wastewater networks experience
• Ability to drive and support strategic change focused on valued customer service
• Experienced in leading / advising teams encompassing Foul and Surface Water Networks with knowledge of the complete drainage system
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.