Stantec is supporting our client, The Public Works Authority of Qatar, Ashghal, in managing delivery of drainage services (O&M) through outsourced arrangements with its supply chain. The current outsourcing model is catchment-based frameworks covering all connected upstream and downstream drainage assets and monitoring through a performance managed contract. This approach is aimed at enhancing Ashghal’s operations through partnering with a single contractor and working together to achieve the levels of service to be delivered to the customers.
This role to is to support the Ashghal team members (Lead Engineers and Section Heads) in the day-to-day management of the business through operational actions and initiatives that are aimed at improving measurement, reporting and management of performance metrics which reflect actual operations. A successful candidate would coach and support the client personnel in day-to-day activities enabling them to adopt and implement the new model more effectively. We seek a suitable candidate to support the Ashghal team members through providing support in review, validation, inference and guidance on performance related matter and associated data/reports from a technical and practical perspective.
Key Tasks & Duties:
• Activities to be carried out on successful recruitment into the role include:
• Monitoring O&M of all assets by Ashghal’s supply chain covering three drainage systems – Foul Water, Treated Water and Surface/Ground Water
• Reviewing operational performance and advising on actions/improvement initiatives to overcome actual or anticipated challenges
• Review improvement projects suggested by Ashghal’s supply chain to the Innovation Forum against the business requirements and advise on suitability, feasibility, and effectiveness of implementation
• Support Lead Engineers in planning for and preparing contingency plans through agreed governance for identified and anticipated risks
• Advise and encourage supply chain preparation for Events (e.g. FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM ) and deployment of measures including equipment and resources
• Review of reports and deliverables linked to performance metrices (KPIs and SLAs) on agreed frequency and advise on actions to be delivered by Ashghal team members and supply chain.
• Degree or higher level qualification in engineering(e.g. BSc, BEng, MSc Civil)
• Preferred Chartered Status
• Minimum of 12 years’ relevant and practical experience within major water / wastewater utility organization(s)
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience in organization(s) undergoing significant transformation
• Ability to drive and support strategic change focused on valued customer service
• Experienced in leading / advising teams on the operations of wastewater assets and their management
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.