MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Verification that company procedures and process are being implemented in accordance with the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Attend all necessary inspections as identified in the approved Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
- Inspect the production quality to establish if the client requirements are being achieved.
- Shall perform a variety of inspection functions under supervision
- Record and document any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Update the QEIL system with any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Coordinate with the client representatives to ensure that inspections are carried out expediently.
- Generate client Requests For Inspection (RFI) where required providing sufficient notice for Hold, Witness and Inspection points.
- Carry out inspections on Exception Items (EI) as documented in the QEIL and sign off a closed when activity is complete.
- Continually carry out surveillance inspections on the project recording and documenting any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Review the calibration status of any test equipment being utilized on the project ensuring the equipment is within calibration prior to use.
- Provide support and advice to the construction personnel in relation to the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Maintain a good working relationship with all Kentz and Client personnel.
- Maintain good record keeping of activities carried out and inspection reports, surveillance reports, etc.
- Maintain willingness to learn and support the Inspector providing the on the job training
- Comply with all Project HSE requirements i.e. PPE, work Permits etc.
- Promote the use HSE practices
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- QA/QC Inspector shall be a Diploma / Degree holder or equivalent
- Shall be fully conversant with applicable Industry Standards and Specifications
- Computer literate, familiar with proprietary administration software.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good communicator.
- Maintain a good standard of written and spoken English
- The Inspector shall comply with the discipline specific criteria noted below
- The Inspector shall meet as a minimum the following years of relevant experience
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as SNC-Lavalin) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.