Stantec is looking to hire a Resident Engineer for a sewage treatment plant in our Qatar Operations.
• Responsible for reviewing the design proposals, work program, material submittals, method statements, shop drawings, payments, variation orders and claims etc.
• Effectively manage the site supervision staffs during construction & ensuring the works are being carried out according to the Contract specifications.
• Ensure monitoring on the quality of materials and workmanships installed, operated and maintained.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Liaise with Client, Project Management and Contractor for resolution of project issues, in addition to concerned Authorities when required.
• Strong understanding of operation and control philosophies of surge protection devices, capable to review & approval of Contractor submittals for hydraulic studies & calculations, pumps, surge vessels, control valves.
• Supervise, review, monitor and report on progress.
• Ensure the site safety practices
• Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports
• Familiarity with conditions of contract, quality assurance.
• Liaise with client, co-ordination with Governmental Organization and other Consultants/Contractors
• Consistently adheres to and enforces internal Company processes and policies such as business and contracting rules.
• Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication and negotiating skills.
• Works in a manner to ensure personal safety and that of fellow employees by following company health and safety guidelines and policies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited University to the approval of the Engineer.
• A recognised Professional Qualification would be a distinct advantage.
• Minimum fifteen (15) years demonstrable experience in all aspects of supervision of Design/Build Contract with a number of large sewage treatment plant projects.
• At least four (4) years in a similar role as Resident Engineer.
• Must demonstrate experience in respect of the technical proposals evaluation and its constructability, technology deployment, solving the technical site problems that may arise during construction.
• Preferably to have experience in Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC).
• Experience must include all environmental protection aspects of the construction and operation of similar size sewerage treatment plant projects.
• Experience in the design and review of Design/Build documents.
• Ability to lead and supervise a team of multi engineering disciplines staff and contractor within contract period and meeting Authority quality objectives.
• Must be fluent in English both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
• Computer skills are mandatory.
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.