Khawarizmi International College invites applications for the position of “Simulation Lab Supervisor”. The position reports to the Head of Health & Medical Sciences (HMS), and joining date will be from Fall Semester of the coming Academic year 21/22. Joining date will be on 26th August 2021.
The Simulation Lab Supervisor will be responsible for providing technical support for all simulation operations, including but not limited to maintenance and repair of computer mannequins (software and hardware), supervising and and assisting the students clinical training in the simulation lab.
- Supervise and manage the RC and EMC simulation laboratories.
- Understand the use and operation of different simulator technology.
- Serve as simulator operator running pre-programmed scenarios with faculty instructors, assuring all equipment is set up for course programs.
- Support/assist in role playing applications.
- Provide technical assistance, support and training to faculty, instructors and staff in use of simulation equipment, as necessary.
- Effectively participate in the Accreditation process of the programs.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment and conduct routine inventory updates.
- Provide recommendations for budgeting and purchase of equipment, supplies and materials.
- Conduct ongoing maintenance of all simulation equipment, including cleaning, repairing, assuring that all equipment is maintained in good working order at all times.
- Maintain record of repairs required and completed.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers regarding equipment troubleshooting and system problems.
- Maintain current knowledge of simulation equipment catalogs and operation manuals
- Participate in technical training as necessary.
- Assist with special projects or initiatives as needed.
- Assist in equipment budgeting.
- Assist faculty with the development of new skills modules.
- Trainings in the CME unit related to EMC and RC and quality assurance of the delivery content
- Ensures a safe and healthy work environment, complies with college health and safety policies, practices, and programs in keeping with occupational health & safety protocols.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the direct manager, providing that it does not conflict with the nature of work.
- Job Location
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Company Industry
- Higher Education
- Company Type
- Recruitment Agency
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 2 Max: 3
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Bachelor’s in Health Sciences related technology (Nurse, EMT, Paramedic). Master’s is preferred