A strategic partnership between Saudi Aramco, Ministry of Labor and Social Development, TVTC & HRDF resulted in the establishment of the first academy for females in Al Khobar, Leading National Academy (LNA), which is not-for-profit legally independent entity aiming at leading diversification of employment opportunities and building the capabilities of the Saudi female workforce through economy driven, elite, and agile training; committed to the values of integrity, excellence, diversity, citizenship and safety responsibility. In partnership with NCKSA, LNA provides a specialized two-year diploma training program for entry-level jobs in new market opportunities.
The first year, the Academic Program, solidifies English, IT, Math, and H&S skills as part of the performance-based curriculum. In the second year, the Job Skills Program provides the latest knowledge and skills training in different vocational trades and sectors (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Chemical Lab Technician, Business Administration, Electrical Technician, Quality Control Building Inspection, and Health, Safety & Environment). LNA prides itself on its integral reliance on smart learning solutions (e.g. iPads, Smartboards, blended learning) to efficiently equip carefully selected trainees (A2 minimum) through high quality training.
Applicants are invited for the position of Trainer, Technical Drawing at Niagara College KSA, Leading National Academy (LNA) in Al Khobar. Reporting to the Head, Job Skills Program, the Trainer, Technical Drawing is responsible for delivering and facilitating Job Skills Training Programs in classrooms and relevant workshops to qualified Saudi Females for respective sponsoring companies. This involves monitoring the effectiveness and efficiency of the training programs and introducing blending learning methodologies which fosters exceptional performance of trainees and faculty.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver approximately 30 hours of training per week.
- Plan and deliver high quality, function-based lessons in a dual setup (online and/or face-to-face) to non-native English-speaking learners of various abilities and levels in a vocational context.
- Instruct trainees techniques, methods, language and procedures required in basic vocational /or intermediate level programs for clerical and business administration.
- Optimize the use of educational technologies to meet trainee learning needs.
- Liaise with community members and engage in program promotion.
- Prepare and maintain training materials in accordance with LNA practices such as Lesson Plans, in-house quizzes, tests, tools and training aids.
- Assist, as assigned by management, and support in-house training programs and orientation of new hires.
- Manage trainees and maintain class discipline.
- Make recommendations on and assists in the development, implementation and evaluation of curriculum and training aids.
- Participate in the development of the course curriculum and the production of high-quality teaching and learning resources, including resources in electronic formats.
- Develop and administer a variety of assessment tools and assessing trainee work in compliance with LNA practices and requirements from sponsoring companies
- Leverage technology to ensure high quality of blended learning solutions and teaching in the online and face-to-face classroom.
- Ensure compliance with the internal verification process and assume the role of the internal verifier for the given Specialization.
- Pursue professional development opportunities in the field to provide the most up-to-date information and techniques to the trainees.
Required skills and qualifications, at a minimum, include:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate scientific or engineering discipline (i.e. Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering) from a recognized university where the language of instruction is English; a Master’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum of six (6) years of technical drawing training experience in an industrial, commercial, technical, vocational, or post-secondary environment. Three (3) out of the six years in a related work experience in an industrial or commercial field is preferred.
- Approved trades certification in the relevant discipline, such as CAD software (i.e. AutoCAD, MicroStation) is preferred.
- Experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD).
- Non-native speakers shall have either an overall Academic IELTS score of at least 6 or a TOEFL score of at least 79 on the internet-based test, 550 on the paper-based test or 213 on the computer-based test.
- Demonstrate ability to use technology to enhance teaching and learning using web-based technology.
- Exceptional classroom management skills and the ability to create a learning environment that promotes and enhances trainee motivation.
- Ability to function as a team player within a multi-cultural work environment.
- Effective presentation and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and analytical skills.
How to Apply:
- Position will be posted on the job portal website, Bayt
- Select the “Apply Now” button displayed in the job posting and follow the instructions provided.
- It is required that the mandatory questionnaire be completed.
- Ensure that your Bayt profile and CV information provided is up-to-date, and that you list all relevant work experience and education.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based solely on the information they provide through Bayt.
- If experience is not included, the system will fail to recognize your qualifications and may automatically screen out your application.
- All applications must be received through Bayt in order to be considered for review.
- Niagara College Saudi Arabia is committed to workplace diversity and provides accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout our hiring process. If you require an accommodation, please inform us.
- We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Location
- Khobar, Saudi Arabia
- Company Industry
- Primary, Prep, & Secondary School
- Company Type
- Employer (Private Sector)
- Job Role
- Teaching and Academics
- Employment Type
- Full Time Employee
- Monthly Salary Range
- Number of Vacancies
- Career Level
- Mid Career
- Years of Experience
- Min: 6
- Bachelor’s degree / higher diploma
Architecture, Civil Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering